Who can help me with my IRS issue?

Anyone who specializes in tax resolutions – not just tax preparation. The most frequent professionals capable of helping:

  • Tax Attorney
  • Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
  • Enrolled Agent (EA)

What is an enrolled agent (EA)?

As defined by the IRS:

An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service by either passing a three-part comprehensive IRS test covering individual and business tax returns, or through experience as a former IRS employee. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards. Individuals who obtain this elite status must adhere to ethical standards and complete 72 hours of continuing education courses every three years.

Enrolled agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), have unlimited practice rights. This means they are unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can represent clients before

Cite: https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/enrolled-agents/enrolled-agent-information

What documents do I need to provide to you?

The more documents we have to substantiate your case, the better. Some of the documents you will want to locate:

  • Tax Notices
  • Tax Returns
  • Original tax documents: W2, 1099, 1098-T, K-1, Etc.
  • In some cases, source documents: Mortgage statements, bank statements,

How can the IRS affect me if I do not do anything?

Some of the collection actions the IRS can use are

  • Place liens on property
  • Levying cash and income
  • Placing a hold on your Passport
  • Continuing to send out collection notices
  • Turning an assessment into a judgment

How long will it take to eliminate my tax issues?

Best answer … it depends.

Depending at what stage in the collection process you are, balances owed, and additional factors can all affect your resolution time.

Best recommendation:

Work with someone who specializes in TAX RESOLUTION.

They will ensure quickest resolution and most effective resolution based on your needs.

What do you charge?

Cases are very specific and can range on what is required to resolve depending on how advanced your case, but generally your case resolution will include lien removal and penalty abatements. When you hire us, we will begin to work your case as soon as you engage us and pay at least $500. This will cover a compliance call and pulling a transcript of the IRS and requesting a hold while we assess your case.

Here’s is an idea of what you can expect to spend on fully resolving your case.

  • Tax cases with less than $10K in existing tax debt – $750-$1,500
  • Tax cases over $10K in existing tax debt – $2,000 – $5,000
  • Tax cases over $10K with a Revenue Officer Assigned – $3,500- $6,500

How can I send you documents?

We work fully remote and can communicate via:

  • Zoom
  • Email
  • Fax
  • Snail Mail (Regular Mail)

Send me an email at alex@agudeloaccounting.com and I will coordinate a 15 minute call to discuss your case.

How do you work with the IRS?

Our firm is data and tech driven and the process starts with getting a form 2848 completed and singed by you to give us Power of Attorney. This will allow us to:

  • Call the IRS on your behalf
  • Pull transcripts
  • Negotiate directly with the IRS – Set up Installment Agreement, OIC, Hardship eligibility, etc.
  • Special software to calculate abatements and critical dates of your cases

How is your service different from others in your field?

Simply put, this is all we do all year around and have years of experience.

  • We are stay up to date on all IRS news and updates
  • We are credentialed and engage in constant training
  • Stay current on resolution case strategies

Our resolution case flow:

Introduction > Gather case Information > Determine Best Resolution> Negotiate > Close